A ChocoMaker® Chocolate Fountain is perfect for any holiday or special occasion. It’s a way for guests to personalize desserts in a fun and creative way, while giving the host an easier alternative to preparing and serving appetizers and desserts. The ChocoMaker® Chocolate Fountain is easy to prepare and makes a fantastic centerpiece. This article will help you prepare your fountain your use, as well as instructions on how to clean your chocolate fountain. We’ll also include ideas for great dipping foods you can serve at your next party.
Before using your ChocoMaker® Chocolate Fountain, please refer to the instruction manual for complete assembly instructions. Once the fountain is fully assembled you may proceed.
PREPARATION AND USAGE
- In order for the fountain to flow correctly over the tiers, find a stable surface on which to operate your fountain. Use a level or a ruler if necessary.
- On the bottom of the base turn the adjustable feet slightly clockwise to raise the fountain, or counterclockwise to lower the fountain if leveling is necessary.
- Once the fountain is level press the HEAT button to start heating the unit. This will keep the dipping candy warm to ensure a consistent flow but will NOT melt unmelted dipping candy.
- You are ready to add your desired ChocoMaker® Fountain Formula Dipping Candy. Follow the melting instructions on the back of the bag to melt the candy before adding it to the fountain.
- The ChocoMaker® 14” Fountain will hold one bag (2lbs) of ChocoMaker® Fountain Formula Dipping Candy, and the 21” Fountain will hold two bags (4lbs).
- Press the fountain button to begin the flow of chocolate. Do NOT press the button if the candy has hardened or is not completely melted.
- Once your fountain has started flowing over the tiers smoothly you are ready to dip desired food items into the melted candy as it flows over the tiers.
- Add melted fountain formula to the fountain bowl as needed.
When using a ChocoMaker® Chocolate Fountain it is important to read and follow the included directions. From melting your dipping candy to operating the fountain, all steps must be followed correctly to prevent burning of the chocolate or damaging your fountain. Click here to download the Chocolate Fountain Manual.
There are many different food ideas to add to your dipping display. The food suggestions that follow are only a few of the foods that you can dip in your fountain. The options are endless!
- Apple Slices
- Bananas (fresh or frozen)
- Dried Fruits
- Frozen Twinkies
- Animal Crackers
- Potato Chips
- Ritz Crackers
- Donut Holes
- Candy Canes
- Gummy Bears
- Chocolate Chips
- Sugar Wafers
- Oreo Cookies
- Fig Newtons
- Shortbread Cookies
- Gingerbread Cookies
- Oatmeal Cookies
These are just a few suggestions of food you dip in your fountain. If you have an idea for a food to dip and are hesitant to try it, we suggest trying it out anyway. There are few items that melted chocolate wouldn’t make better!
CLEANING YOUR FOUNTAIN
When the party is over and it’s time to clean up, make sure to clean your ChocoMaker® Chocolate Fountain right away. When the fountain formula cools, it will harden. If the chocolate in your fountain happens to harden, you will have to reheat the fountain to melt the chocolate. You may reuse the chocolate after it has hardened and you may keep any leftovers in a container for future use. The following steps will help you clean your fountain properly for your next chocolate fountain affair.
- Double check to make sure the fountain is turned off and unplugged from the electrical outlet.
- Carefully remove the tower and auger from the base and separate the tier pieces of the tower. With mild soap and warm water, clean the inside of the tower pieces. Gently push a damp dishcloth or paper towel through the open channel.
- Pour the excess chocolate from the fountain bowl into a microwave-safe bowl for later usage. DO NOT to pour extra dipping candy down the drain. If the candy were to harden while in the drain, it may cause plumbing issues.
- Again with mild soap and water, wash the inside of the fountain bowl. DO NOT immerse the entire bowl in water as the base holds the electrical components and the water may cause severe damage.
- Wipe down the outside of the base with a damp cloth.
- Once the base has been wiped down, leave the base, tower and auger to air dry completely before it is used again.
- To get rid of watermarks from air-drying, simply take a soft and dry cloth and gently rub away any watermarks.
- DO NOT put any fountain parts into the dishwasher. All parts must be hand cleaned.
The ChocoMaker® Chocolate Fountain is a creative way to add some unexpected fun to your party. There is quite a large variety of food to pair with your fountain, and with Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, or White Vanilla Flavored ChocoMaker® Dipping Candy, the combinations are endless. Have fun, try out different snacks to dip, and remember to always take care of your fountain.
Click here to browse our Chocolate Fountain and Fountain Formula Dipping Candy selection.